Aerial Work Platform Training
Safety is everyone’s job! & It’s the Law!
This program has been designed to help operators of lifting devices;
- Reduce the risk of injury to people
- Reduce damage to equipment, materials & the environment
- Reduce downtime in your process by
- Recognizing the hazards in your workplace
We use the PEMEP Model for Hazard Recognition:
People · Equipment · Materials · Environment · Process
The content of this training program complies with the competency requirements of the OHSA and the CSA B354.2-01 and B354.4-02.
Maximum of 24 participants in a 4 hour session.
- Competency requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Regulations for lifting devices and mobile equipment
- Personal protective equipment including fall arrest system (FAS), head protection, etc.
- Pre - shift inspection
- Analyzing the task and workplace inspection
- Precautions for other moving equipment (i.e. cranes, lift trucks, etc.)
- Platform stabilization
- Work area protection
- Elevation and overhead hazards
- Standard safe operating practices
- Controls and basic operation
- Participants are tested for their theoretical knowledge
Unique training & evaluating procedures using a multi-media presentation.
Maximum of 8 participants in a 4 hour session.
Training and Evaluation includes:
- Preoperational inspection; donning the Fall Arrest/Restraint System; start-up; traveling positioning and elevating the platform; use of extensions and other optional equipment; parking of the equipment.
Successful drivers are certified as being "competent" to drive specific Types of Aerial Work Platforms based on current CSA Standards.
|Copyright © 2008 Busch Training Inc. All rights reserved.