Lift Truck Operator Training
Safety is everyone’s job! & It’s the Law!
This program has been designed to help operators of lifting devices;
- Reduce the risk of injury to people
- Reduce damage to equipment, materials & the environment
- Reduce downtime in your process by
- Recognizing the hazards in your workplace
We use the PEMEP Model for Hazard Recognition:
People · Equipment · Materials · Environment · Process
The content of this training program complies with the competency requirements of the OHSA and the CSA B335-04.
Maximum of 24 participants in a 4-hour session.
- Legislation and competency requirements under the OHSA
- Company policies and procedures
- Operating manual
- Lift truck features and safety equipment
- Capacity plate and location
- Preoperational inspection
- Traveling with and without a load
- Load handling
- Ramp and grades
- Personnel lifting, lowering and supporting
- Elevators (optional)
- Workplace specific hazards
- Procedures for shutdown/leaving the operator’s position; and refueling/recharging
Unique training & evaluation procedures using a multi-media presentation.
Maximum of 6 participants in a 4-hour session.
Training and Evaluation includes:
- Preoperational inspection; start-up; traveling with and without a load (including pedestrian safety); load handling, including load selection, security, pickup, placement, stacking, destacking; and handling specific to docks, trucks and rail cars (optional).
- Driving on ramps and grades; personnel lifting; using elevators (optional); shutdown; parking and refueling/recharging.
Successful drivers are certified as being "competent" to drive specific Industrial Truck Classes & Codes.
|Copyright © 2008 Busch Training Inc. All rights reserved.